Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Art in San Francisco

I've blogged a lot about Borland International, to the point where even I'm sick of it! I've written about them so much because I had such a close relationship with the company in years past. But, as I've written, time has passed them by. Last week, I spoke at what is sure to be my last Borland Developer's Conference in San Francisco. I was there with a good friend (who was also attending the conference). I spoke at several sessions, but when not at the conference, we took advantage of what the city had to offer.

Monday we planned for the rest of the week. Then, on Tuesday, we went to a concert at The Fillmore (mostly just to see the venue). We saw Missy Higgins and Liz Phair, both of which were entertaining. Wednesday, we went to a matinee of the Tennessee Williams play Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Wednesday night, opera at San Francisco opera (Fidelio, Beethoven's only opera). On Thursday, we went to SF Museum of Modern Art (one of my favorite museums), then went to dinner with friends and went to a heavy metal concert at Slim's (Fu Manchu).

During the week, I also gave 4 talks and a 4 hour pre-conference tutorial, and I got some work done as well. Mostly what we didn't do was attend any of the other sessions! All in all, a great conference week.

No comments: