Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Orlando JUG on Thursday June 25th

If you are anywhere nearby, come see me at the Orlando JUG on June 25th, 2009. I'll be giving my newly revamped Real-World Refactoring talk. By revamped, I mean that I've added a bunch of examples of architecture smells and how to attack them. From the No Fluff, Just Stuff web site description of the talk:

Refactoring is a fine academic exercise in the perfect world, but we don't really live there. Even with the best intentions, projects build up technical debt and crufty bad things. This session covers refactoring in the real world, at both the atomic level (how to refactor towards composed method and the single level of abstraction principle) to larger project strategies for multi-day refactoring efforts. This talk provides practical strategies for real projects to effectively refactor your code.

This talk is part of a series of talks I'm doing this year on Emergent Design & Evolutionary Architecture, showing examples of how to use refactoring to fix architectural and design smells. I also cover refactoring databases and build files.

Come join us.

1 comment:

thomas.michaud@gmail.com said...

You mentioned at your talk about some slides/documentation would be available for download?